Bring the whole family to ASU's first Owl-o-ween, hosted by ASU's College of Integrative Sciences and Arts (CISA) at ASU Polytechnic campus. Learn about CISA's Burrowing Owl Conservation Project and other wildlife conservation efforts; enjoy a guided tour of the burrowing owl colony at Polytechnic campus and enjoy some pre-Halloween fun.
Group activities will take place in the ASU Polytechnic campus Student Union's Cooley Ballroom from 2–5 p.m. Applied biological sciences students and faculty will lead discussions about the burrowing owls and their habitat, with small groups heading over to the owl colony by golf cart every 20 minutes once the event is underway.
This kid-friendly event's festivities will also include:
- An up-close meet-and-greet with "education Burrowing Owls" provided by representatives from Wild at Heart raptor rescue, our partners in bringing the first burrowing owl pairs to ASU Polytechnic campus.
- Tabling from other community wildlife organizations.
- Burrowing owl trivia.
- Airbrushed tattoos.
- Guessing games.
- Goody bags.
- Additional giveaways for those who come in costume!
Parking for the event is available in Lot 10 next to the ASU Polytechnic campus Student Union. You'll receive further details when you register.
Below is an outline of the festivities:
- 2 p.m. — Welcome
- 2:05–5 p.m. — Mingling and activities!
- 2:20 p.m. — Tour #1 / Trivia Session 1
- 3 p.m. — Tour #2 / Trivia Session 2
- 3:40 p.m. — Tour #3 / Trivia Session 3
- 4:20 p.m. — Tour #4 / Trivia Session 4
- 5 p.m. — Conclude
NOTE: We are asking all in attendance to follow CDC guidelines to stop the spread of COVID-19 and wear a face mask.