Arizona Water Innovation Initiative Kick-off Event
- Academic events
To help ensure a secure and resilient water supply for the state of Arizona, ASU is mobilizing a statewide team of internal and external water experts to design immediate, actionable and evidence-based solutions. Please join us to celebrate the recent investments of $40 million from the State of Arizona and $5 million from the Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust. Through this initiative, ASU will work with industrial, municipal, agricultural, tribal and international partners to rapidly accelerate and deploy new approaches and technology for water conservation, augmentation, desalination, efficiency, infrastructure and reuse. It’s all hands on deck for this Initiative.
This event will include a panel discussion on the importance of partnerships and ASU’s role in addressing Arizona’s water challenges, featuring:
· Sally Morton, Executive Vice President, ASU Knowledge Enterprise
· Peter Schlosser, Vice President and Vice Provost of Global Futures, Arizona State University
· Brenda Burman, General Manager, Central Arizona Project (invited)
· Todd Brady, Vice President, Global Public Affairs and Chief Sustainability Officer, Intel Corporation
· Chris Camacho, CEO of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC)
· Leslie Meyers, Chief Water Executive, Salt River Project (SRP)
· Stefanie Smallhouse, State President, Arizona Farm Bureau
· Dave White, Associate Vice President of Research Advancement, ASU Knowledge Enterprise
· Sarah Porter, Director of the Kyl Center for Water Policy. ASU Morrison Institute
The Arizona Water Innovation Initiative is led by the ASU Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory in collaboration with the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. The Global Futures Laboratory partners closely with faculty from across all the colleges and schools at ASU in addition to the wide range of stakeholders across the state.